Cartoon Masterpiece Project

 Portrait Of Elisabetta Gonzaga : By Raphael       

Cartoon version

Original

            For this project I decided to do a oil painting by Raphael and when I was scrolling through a gallery of his artwork and saw this I knew it would work perfectly (it wasn't until later on that I realized it is similar to the Mona Lisa). In he beginning I wasn't sure how I would incorporate The cartoon aspect but I wanted to do something more than just trace and color it. At first it started with Tom and Jerry but I eventually settled on having these two animals
(from the Looney Tunes show) peeking out from behind
her. It seemed it would fit perfectly because she already had a annoyed expression on her
face. Also, just to hint at them being from Looney Tunes I decided to add the classic "That's all Folks!" to the background. This project definitely took a lot of trial and error but it turned out alright in the end. 

Comments

Popular Posts